Much of the Township is within walking distance of the Pennsylvania State University, making the area a prime location for many types of residential, commercial, and industrial development. Whether you're a developer, a family looking to build a new home, and everything in between, belowyou'll find all the information you need to get building!
Subdivision and Land Development
Chapter 22 of the Township Code of Ordinances establishes the provisions and processes associated with most building in the Township.
A Subdivision Plan is required to be submitted in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 22 when the following action is proposed:
- The division or redivision of a lot, tract, or parcel of land by any means into two or more lots, tracts, parcels, or other divisions of land including changes in existing lot lines for the purpose, whether immediate or future, of any of the following:
- Partition by the court for redistribution to heirs or devisees
- Transfer of ownership
- Building or lot development
A Land Development Plan is required to be submitted in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 22 when any of the following is proposed:
- A proposed use or structure that is located within one hundred (100) feet of a floodplain boundary
- A proposed use or structure that is located on steep slopes as stipulated by Chapter 27, Section 802.
- A proposed use that is required to provide a parking lot as stipulated by Chapter 27, Section 809.
- The location of two or more primary uses or structures on a single lot. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Apartment complexes
- Mobile home parks
- Shopping centers
- Industrial parks
- Any expansion of a commercial or industrial use
- Any non-residential structure on a lot or lots regardless of the number of occupants
- The division or allocation of space or land, whether initially or cumulatively, between or among two or more existing or prospective occupants by means of, or for the purpose of streets, common areas, leaseholds, condominiums, building groups, or other features
- A subdivision of land
For questions related to Subdivision and Land Development Plans, contact the Director of Planning and Zoning by email or by calling (814) 238-4651.