The winter weather is starting to become more frequent - Snow and Ice are starting to stick to the roads. While our Public Works crew is consistently and vigilantly treating the road, drivers should still proceed with caution. The Ferguson Township Police Department has a few tips to ensure your safely while driving during these chilly months:
- Check to ensure your tires have enough tread and air
- Check your battery and headlights
- Keep at least half a tank of gas in your vehicle
- Check the weather before you go out
- BUCKLE UP! (always)
- Drive slower when you see snow and ice on the roads
- Know your brakes - how much pressure to put on them to ensure you stop in time
- Increase your following distance between other cars
- Gain speed BEFORE you approach a hill rather than on it and maintain that speed, your tires will just spin!
- Use caution while around snow plows
In any event of an accident, call 9-1-1 and safely move your vehicle off to the side if possible. You can find more of our winter operations & snow regulations here.