Ferguson Township is in the process of updating the Official Map of Ferguson Township. The Ferguson Township Official Map identifies priority areas for future growth — land where the Township may want to develop parks, streets, roads and natural area conservation.
The last update to the map was in 2017. The Ferguson Township Board of Supervisors have reviewed amendments to the map over the past year. Township Authorities, Boards, and Commissions such as the Planning Commission and the Pine Grove Mills Small Area Plan have also reviewed the amendments drafted by staff.
The entire timeline for public engagement and comment on the map amendments appears here:
- June 21—Ms. Dininni requested a discussion topic about the Musser Gap Trail being included on the OM map
- July 19th—That discussion continued.
- September 7th—The Board directed staff to draft an amendment to the OM.
- December 13—Board reviewed the draft and the draft ordinance will be prepared and presented for advertisement for public hearing at a future meeting.
- December 7—PC reviewed the draft amendments as provided by the Board and recommended approval of amendments.
- January 27—Draft amendments, as presented to the Board, were reviewed on December 13 for review and comment.
Parks & Rec:
- March 10th—Draft amendments were reviewed as presented to the Board on December 13 for review and comment.