Our community partners keep us informed of news and events that benefit and may be of interest to you, our residents. We are dedicated to sharing their news with you.
Follow our community partners' news on this page, or at any of these links: Latest News, Events, Community Calendar, or @FergusonTwpPA
Centre Area Transportation Authority (CATA) tested an Xcelsior XE40 zero-emissions battery-electric bus — on loan from bus manufacturer New Flyer — for five days from March 13 through March 17. CATA will consider whether to purchase a bus like it in the future. CATA drivers had the opportunity to put the bus into service while it was here.
CATA continues to offer the youth pass discount it expanded last summer — now available year 'round to all riders under age 18 and taller than 40 inches (children under 40 inches ride free).
CRPR thanks residents for your continued support of Centre Region parks and for recognizing the importance of staying active in your community.
April events at Ferguson Township parks and other CRPR facilities
Ferguson Township recycles
Ferguson Township residents may dispose of hazardous household materials, old furniture and appliances, electronics such as computers and TVs, unused prescription drugs, and yard waste. It's also easy to compost food scraps in your backyard.
Learn about these upcoming events and other opportunities to recycle:
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection April 28 - 29
- Centre Region Parks and Recreation (CRPR) Backyard Compost Workshop, April 30 and May 31
- Spring Bulk Waste Collection May 15 - 19
- Miscellaneous Plastics Recycling
- Brush and Leaf Collection
- Refuse, Recycling, Compost and Yard Waste
- Prescription Drug Collection
Learn more at the Centre County Recycling and Refuse Authority (CCRRA) website.
C-NET is Centre County's Government and Education Access Television Network. C-NET administers two channels: CGTV (Channel 7) and CETV (Channel 98). In addition to the television network, C-NET also manages CentreConnect.org, providing you with a direct link to government, education, and non-profit information in Centre County, Pennsylvania.
C-NET's mission is to support government transparency and an informed, engaged citizenry. Ferguson Township has embraced the spirit of transparent and open government by having the Ferguson Township Board of Supervisors' meetings recorded, televised, and available to view online. C-NET records and televises Ferguson Township Board of Supervisors meetings on Channel 7 throughout the six days following a meeting. Learn more...
Schlow Centre Region Library offers convenient book returns, programming, and online access
- Return your library materials with ease at Schlow's remote book drop at Clearfield Bank, 511 Pine Grove Road. Items are picked up frequently and taken to the library for prompt check-in.
- The 2017 "Centre County Reads" book is "Under a Painted Sky" by Stacey Lee. It's a fast-paced historical novel set on the Oregon Trail, featuring a runaway slave and a wanted Chinese girl whose paths cross with some determined cowboys, and is available through the Library.
Like to knit or embroider, or want to learn? Join the Schlow Knitting Club on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. The Embroidery Club meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Teens and adults are welcome, and supplies are provided.
Want to read the latest magazines on your tablet or smartphone? Enjoy your favorites, from "The Atlantic" to "Yoga Journal" on the Schlow website at no cost to you when you type in your library card number. Just click on the "E-books and More" tab to discover periodicals, e-books, digital music, and much more
Submit items for our Community Calendar