Our community partners keep us informed of news and events that benefit and may be of interest to you, our residents. We are dedicated to sharing their news with you.
Follow our community partners' news on this page, or at any of these links: Latest News, Events, Community Calendar, or @FergusonTwpPA
CATA continues to offer the youth pass discount it expanded last summer — now available year 'round to all riders under age 18 and taller than 40 inches (children under 40 inches ride free).
CRPR thanks residents for your continued support of Centre Region parks and for recognizing the importance of staying active in your community.
Learn more about CRPR programs and events
Ferguson Township recycles
Ferguson Township residents may dispose of hazardous household materials, old furniture and appliances, electronics such as computers and TVs, unused prescription drugs, and yard waste. It's also easy to compost food scraps in your backyard.
Learn about these opportunities to recycle:
- Miscellaneous Plastics Recycling
- Brush and Leaf Collection
- Refuse, Recycling, Compost and Yard Waste
- Prescription Drug Collection
Learn more at the Centre County Recycling and Refuse Authority (CCRRA) website.
C-NET is Centre County's Government and Education Access Television Network. C-NET administers two channels: CGTV (Channel 7) and CETV (Channel 98). In addition to the television network, C-NET also manages CentreConnect.org, providing you with a direct link to government, education, and non-profit information in Centre County, Pennsylvania.
C-NET's mission is to support government transparency and an informed, engaged citizenry. Ferguson Township has embraced the spirit of transparent and open government by having the Ferguson Township Board of Supervisors' meetings recorded, televised, and available to view online. C-NET records and televises Ferguson Township Board of Supervisors meetings on Channel 7 throughout the six days following a meeting. Learn more...
Children Learn & Grow at Schlow
Register for Storytimes & Toddler Learning Centre
Schlow Centre Region Library offers a variety of programs this fall that you can enjoy with your children and watch as they learn, grow, and have fun.
• Storytimes are for newborns to 5-year-olds and teach early literacy skills and a love of reading. Storytimes are free but advance registration is required. Registration for Session 1 begins August 29. Registration for Session 2 begins October 16.
• Toddler Learning Centre is for ages 18 months to 3 years and is a place to play with your child and talk with other parents. Sessions are free but advance registration is required. Registration for Session 1 begins August 30. Registration for Session 2 begins October 18.
• Schlow also offers free developmental screenings on September 8 and October 6 for newborns to 5-year-olds. No registration is required.
• And Schlow has more storytimes for children ages 2 to 7 years old — Everybody Storytime and Saturday Stories Alive. No registration is required.
For more information about these and other events at Schlow Centre Region Library or to register for events, visit schlowlibrary.org or call (814) 237-6236.
Schlow Library offers one-week YMCA Family Pass
Thanks to the generous support of the YMCA of Centre County, Schlow Centre Region Library is giving families the opportunity to try a free, one-week membership at the YMCA.
Schlow Library has one family membership pass that can be signed out, and the holder of the card can visit any of the YMCA facilities within Centre County.
The pass is valid for two adults within the same household and dependents up to age 18. It also includes full-time students up to age 25.
Note: The pass excludes classes at YMCA locations. The pass borrower is responsible for paying the non-member rate to attend any classes.
To request the pass, visit schlowlibrary.org and type “YMCA” in the search bar. Those who wish to participate in the free trial membership must pick up the pass at Schlow Centre Region Library.
211 S. Allen Street, State College, PA 16801 Phone: (814) 237-6238 ext. 118
"Opening doors to a wealth of ideas, the joy of reading, and the power of information"
Schlow also offers convenient book returns, programming, and online access
- Return your library materials with ease at Schlow's remote book drop at Clearfield Bank, 511 Pine Grove Road. Items are picked up frequently and taken to the library for prompt check-in.
- The 2017 "Centre County Reads" book is "Under a Painted Sky" by Stacey Lee. It's a fast-paced historical novel set on the Oregon Trail, featuring a runaway slave and a wanted Chinese girl whose paths cross with some determined cowboys, and is available through the Library.
Like to knit or embroider, or want to learn? Join the Schlow Knitting Club on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. The Embroidery Club meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Teens and adults are welcome, and supplies are provided.
Want to read the latest magazines on your tablet or smartphone? Enjoy your favorites, from "The Atlantic" to "Yoga Journal" on the Schlow website at no cost to you when you type in your library card number. Just click on the "E-books and More" tab to discover periodicals, e-books, digital music, and much more.
Submit items for our Community Calendar